Quote and reply to messages on Discord!
Quote is a Discord bot that allows users to easily quote messages, a feature that any serious messaging platform should have but is missing from Discord.
You can quote messages by reacting with 💬 (
:speech_balloon:) to them (this feature needs to be enabled first by using the
You can quote messages from any channel by using the
>quotecommand, like this:
>quote 507103646995972096 My Optional Reply, where the number is the ID of the message you want to quote.
To get message IDs you need to enable Developer Mode in your
Developer Mode, and right click on a message then
You can now quote by directly sending a link to a message. Quote will automatically embed the linked message.
To obtain the link to a message enable
Developer Mode, as described above, and click on the three dots to the right of a message, there will be a
The footer contains useful information on the requester, channel of the original message and timestamp of the original message.
Original Postername in the quote is actually a clickable link to the original message.
The bot supports quoting of regular messages sent either by users or other bots, but also supports quoting messages containing single or multiple files attachments.
- If the original message has a single image as an attachment Quote will automatically embed it.
- You can set the bot to automatically delete the commands used to quote messages. Type
>delcommandsto activate the option server wide.
- You can define a pin channel by running the command
>pinchannel #myChannel, and have the bot embed any message on which you add a 📌 (
:pushpin:) reaction to. (Only users with
Manage Messagespermission can use this to avoid spam.)
- Ever seen an unread message notification in a channel, but only to find nothing? Quote will allow users with
Manage Messagespermission to check the last deleted message in a channel.
- Use the command
>snipeto show last deleted message in the current channel.
- Add a channel identifier
>snipe #myChannelto see last deleted message in #myChannel.
- Don't like
>as your server's prefix? You can change it by running the command
>prefix <your custom prefix>eg:
- The bot comes with a
>helpfunction that shows the list of all available commands.
- You can type
>help <exampleCommand>to see more information about that command.
- Quote will leave any server that has 20+ members, of which 70% are bots.
- If you'd like to selfhost Quote, you are more than welcome to by following a guide corresponding to your operating system.
- Have a suggestion? Join our Support Server and head over to
#suggestions, where you can find a template on how to suggest new features/request changes of old features.